Sunday, July 01, 2007

Recovery Week Cont.

The impromptu recovery block continues. I put in just under 2 hours in the saddle on Friday after work and I had stale legs. I thought the staleness was probably the result of spending only a few days riding during the week. I had 2.5 hours of high intensity MTB time scheduled for Saturday. I rolled up to Tiger mid-afternoon after sleeping in late and having a solid breakfast. Again, the legs were flat. I tried to push through it and crank out some hard efforts. The legs weren't having it and I just got more tired. Even my handling skills got sloppy as I tried to push myself to go faster. I ended up pulling the plug after two hours. The mystery that is my fitness continues. I decided to take today off to get another day of R&R in hopes of recharging the batteries. Hopefully, the legs will come around soon. If you see my fitness out and about, please let it know to come back because I need it for the next couple of weeks.

Blue Star and Nola checking the World Cup results. Nola likes recovery weeks. :-)

No comments: