Friday, July 06, 2007

Green Mountains on My Mind

I'm starting to feel like a bike racer again. The legs are finally good. On the 4th, A-dog and I ripped the 1-track and the road climb on Tiger Mountain for 3 solid hours. The key sign that I'm getting back to normal is that I recovered quickly from such a hard effort. Also, the back pain is all but gone. Giddy up!

Now that I'm feeling fast again, I'm starting to get amped up about the National Championships at Mt. Snow. Rocks, roots, mud. A true test of the the MTB skill set as well as the lungs and legs.

This video from last year's race captures the essence of the XC (warning it's big): 2006 Mt. Snow NORBA XC.

And this one demonstrates why I don't race the DH: Yard Sale Crashes.

Blue Star

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Those 2005 Mt. Snow downhill crashes were brutal ! Those somersaults weren't pretty when they ended up with face plants.

In Law Star