Friday, June 29, 2007

Recovery and Mt. Snow

This week has been an impromptu recovery week with only two days of riding since the race last Saturday. I was physically cooked after the weekend and slept like a rock all week. Coach Thomas and I were worried more training would be digging a hole that I couldn't get out of before Mt. Snow. The back issue was/is very draining both mentally and physically. Luckily, it has started to ease up some (knock on wood). Keep sending the positive energy, it seems to be working

This weekend starts the final training push to Mt. Snow. Over the next two weeks, I'll be putting some very specific high intensity workouts and try and find the most technical terrain I can to mimic the gnarly descents on the Mt. Snow course. July 4th gives me an extra training day to get a long ride in next week, so I hope I can get about 12 hours of saddle time in for the week.

5 laps of this should take about 2.5 hours.



Blue Star

No comments: