Saturday, November 17, 2007

Rain, Feeling Blah, & Semi-pro Upgrade

Lots of rain to deal with today. Radar does not paint a pretty picture for a comfortable outdoor ride. With 4 hours on the schedule, I'm torn between getting rained on or riding the trainer.



For now, I'm going to sit on the couch and watch my favorite football game of the year: Ohio State v. Michigan. Maybe I'll get inspired to ride.

Skipped my workouts yesterday. I've been beat down lately and not sure why. Most of last week, I was really tired and felt as if I was in a fog. Lots of fatigue and even had to soft pedal to get home from a three hour ride on Wednesday. Not sure what the deal is, but I visited a doc yesterday to see if there is anything wrong. He took some blood and did some other tests. Hopefully, there is an easy fix besides taking an extended break from the bike.

I bit the bullet this week and submitted my semi-pro upgrade request to USA cycling. According to the rules, I have sufficient results, so I should get it. Assuming I get the updgrade, I figure the worst that happens is I get smoked by the competition and I get faster trying to keep up. The only thing I'm worried about is qualifying for the National Championships at Mt. Snow in July. It will be much harder than in years past to get the necessary result. I love that race and will do everything I can to get in.

That's all for now.

Blue Star.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rode the FX in the rain yesterday (with fenders) ... the Gore booties kept my feet dry and warm(er) ... it was cool out there ! Butt was sore ... I wonder if getting used to the Madone saddle spoiled me for the FX saddle ? Even though I have the trainer, I'd rather ride outside if its not too cold or windy.

Congratulations on the semi-pro application. If nothing else, riding semi-pro will give you new incentive.

What does your coach say about your physical/mental/emotional condition ? I think I read somewhere that taking a few days off from cycling can bring more benefits than riding those few days. So enjoy the time off !