Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh So Semipro

Yesterday, USA Cycling sent me an email...

The following request to change your NORBA category has been approved and processed by USA Cycling: Change category from Expert to Semipro.
Yep, I'm now officially a semipro mountain bike racer. Except for dreams of being an NBA basketball player as a kid, I never really thought the word "pro" would be associated with anything I do. Being 5'10" with a moderate vertical leap squashed those hoop star visions after high school though. I guess I'm a pro lawyer, but law school and the bar exam involved much less physical suffering than racing a mountain bike faster than 99% of the population.

2008 is going to be a good year on the bike. A physcial and mental challenge like none I have faced before. I'm confident I can coax some more watts out of my body, let's just hope its enough to be competive at the next level. More importantly, I'm just enjoying the ride while it lasts!

Also, I have some things brewing on the sponsorship front. But I'll keep that under wraps until things are finalized.

Blue Star

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the new season. Also starting out racing after a year of riding. Really looking forward to it.

Loc said...

Congrats, Beagle! I thought you were already a pro skateboarder though. Don't you have a show with a big bodyguard? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.