Thursday, October 11, 2007

Transitions

October and Fall generally is a time of transitions. Summer fades and the cool breezes, rain, and short days set in. This year, Seattle was not afforded the luxury of easing into winter, because it has hit already. Rides have been rain filled and cold. Suffer fests with wet hands and feet (except when I don the Goretex). The trails are wet and muddy already. Fall, where did you go?

Like the weather, my transition between race season and off-season training has not been the usual few relaxing weeks off the bike. This year my "transition" period included a 70-mile ride, some high intensity cross races, and a number of other changes from the norm as well. Now, in the second week of October, base mileage and weight training are in full effect. Also, I'm working on putting together my racing schedule for the 08 season and lining up my sponsors, some of which are already on board. It's been quite the hectic transition period to say the least.

If all goes according to plan, I should have some big news to report in the near future. So, keep checking back. I promise to keep the posts coming more frequently now that I've got my ducks in a row.

Later,

Blue Star

No comments: