Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"When it rains, it pours" and Riding the Wave.

Well, including today, Seattle has experienced 23 consecutive days of rain and the forecast is calling for at least seven more. The record is 33 straight days. Now that's some good training weather. This weekend has some long rides on tap that will include some big climbs, so at least I won't be too cold. I'm moving into my final base phase, which means the rides are going to start including some harder efforts as the race season fast approaches and I transition into build phase.

Anyway, did you ever notice that good fortune comes in waves? Kind of like the rain that has inundated Seattle. Maybe it's luck, maybe it's karma, maybe it's hard work. Who knows, but I like to ride the big waves. Two sponsors haved added themselves to my roster of supporters this year in a big way. A couple of months ago, I had no idea what to expect when I was spending all those hours putting together my race resume. It has turned out to be more than worth the effort.

Maxxis Tires
I'm going to be rolling on the best tires on the planet. Maxxis prides itself on high quality products. They have a tire for every condition and for some conditions multiple tires. Having Maxxis in my corner is like having a secret weapon for each course. Plus, I go through tires like candy and Maxxis is going to take care of my sweet tooth. In the next few weeks, all of my bikes will be sporting the big orange Maxxis logo. K-bomb, Gunn-Rita Dahle, and... Blue Star! Be sure to visit the Maxxis website at www.maxxis.com and whether you are in the market for bike tires or car tires there is something there for you.

Fox Racing Shox
I'm starting to sound like a skipping CD in my praise for my sponsors, but Fox makes the only suspension forks and shocks that I will ride. I submitted my resume to only those companies whose product I wanted to race on. Fox will be hooking up my '06 Truth with a shiny and smooth F100x fork and Float R rear shock. I'm in love with the automatic lockout of the super-efficient inertia valve on the F100x. Get out the saddle and stomp and there's no bob, but ride over some low frequency bumps in the trail and the suspension kicks in like butter. Fast suspension products and some cool scenery can be seen at their website: http://www.foxracingshox.com/

In other news, Cathy at Ellsworth has sent me the new Ellsworth team kit. I'm going to be pimpin' at the races. I'm hoping I cross the finish line first at a race this year so, I can bust out my pimp pop victory salute with the new threads. Also, my new Truth should be on the way in the next couple of weeks. Guess what color.... You will have to wait and see, but it should not be that hard to figure out.

T-minus one month and two days until my first warm up race at South Seatac Park. If my CP12 test this weekend and the way I felt on the bike today are any indication, I think Ellsworth will be happy they put a logo on the arse of my shorts.

It's pouring outside. Bring on the rain, bring on the waves.

Blue Star signing off.

No comments: