Tuesday, January 24, 2006

This Week's Quote and Weather Rant

"There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends."
~Arnot Sheppard

Today, is the first day in a long while that I can recall there being sunshine and blue skies. I actually had to pull the shades in my office because of the glare of my computer screen. The problem is that the last two weeks it has rained so hard on Saturday that it has interfered with my long road rides. I can handle mist and some intermittent rain, but the past couple of Saturdays have been steady downpours for hours on end that are sure to bring on hypothermia during long rides on a bike. I want some sun this Saturday. I would give up today's blue skies in if I could get a few hours of good weather on Saturday, but the meteorologists don't care because rain showers are predicted for the next 10 days!

No comments: