Friday, July 04, 2008

Day 7

D-O-N-E! Stick a fork in me, because my legs are crispy fried. We finished today's killer stage from Creekside to Whistler in just over 5 hours. I had some great legs and was ripping some of the amazingly challenging 1track that featured many option sections with man-made North Shore style features. I pushed AV as hard as he could go without cracking. He did visit the depths of a deep dark place known as the pain cave. I'd be surprised if he remembers half the stuff he rode his bike over today. As we crossed the finish line, we were handed Finisher's Belt Buckles and T-shirts. A much deserved prize for doing battle on our MTB's for 7 straight days.

That's it for now. It's time to head up Whistler Mountain in the gondola for the post-race party and awards gala at the Roundhouse Lodge. It's going to be a fun night for sure.

I'll post a more detailed recap of the week with lots of photos sometime soon. Until then, keep checking out the BC Bike Race website for great photos and updates on each of the stages.

Thanks for reading,
Blue Star

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing ! Enjoyed reading about them all, and seeing the last two.
In Law Star