Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Day 5

We had another sub par outing today. AV's legs didn't recover from the hard efforts we laid down yesterday. My legs had some go at the beginning and the end of the race today, but the middle was the doldrums and I wasn't complaining that we weren't making rapid forward progress. The trail today was amazing though. The last 15km or so was all downhill and really fun. The finish town today was in Langdale and we took a ferry over to Horseshoe Bay. Now I'm sitting here in our A/C hotel room hoping that I can recover to have a decent ride tomorrow. At the moment I'm a bit worred, because my body is starting to shut down and the legs feel like dead wood. I'm hoping an ice bath and my compression tights will remedy the legs. That's it for today.

Blue Star

No comments: