Saturday, December 01, 2007

And then there was snow

Today's two-hour recovery spin, turned into a mini-epic. I left the house and it was cold, but there was spots of intermittent sun. A little after the one hour mark, some small flakes started to fly. I thought to myself, "how beautiful." Soon after, however, it was a full on white out. I trudged home, gingerly taking corners in an effort to keep the rubber side down. The streets were covered in slush and the snow started to stick almost immediately. It was very hard to see, because my glasses were getting coated with snow and I couldn't take them off because the big flakes hurt my eyes. Once home, I was coated from head to toe in snow and SLR snapped a couple of pictures as she laughed at my appearance. Note the accumulation on the bar and post.





It is still coming down at a good clip as I type this post. We've got over an inch in the yard. Seattle does not deal with snow well, so the roadways are going to be a mess until the rainy weather returns tomorrow. If I was still in the saddle, I'd surely look like Andy Hampsten in the 1988 Giro Di Italia on the Passo Gavia.



Blue Star

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your blog ... sure enjoy reading it. Now MAR's reading it, and enjoying the pictures. Congrats on turning semi-pro !
H.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You write so well. You can write a book next. I also like your photos and research. I will get out a good wine for when we see you next! MAR