Thursday, May 17, 2007

National Ranking

I just peaked at USA Cycling's website and saw that I was ranked 21st out of 1282 Expert level mountain bike racers in the country. The rankings are based on some overly complicated formula that incorporates the prestige of the race, number of racers in the event, placings, etc. It doesn't really mean much, but it's kinda cool to be climbing the ladder anyway. Last year, I think I was in the 500's or so. A couple more good results and I should be top-10.

Meanwhile, in the National Mountain Bike Series, I'm in a tight battle for the series overall championship. Currently, I sit in third place, but only a few points separate the top-3 riders. We all know each other and I'm sure it's going to be battle all the way to the Series finals in Snowmass, CO.

Semi-pro? Maybe so.

T-minus, 65 days until Mt. Snow, Vermont and the USA National Championships. Time to train hard!

Blue Star

p.s. A post about the Fontana NMBS race will be coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have a great life going ... great balance in the most important areas of your life, and sufficient satisfaction in each of them.

I also think that balance is more important than ultimate success in any one area -- those who pursue ultimate success in any one area almost always give up success in other important areas in their lives, and later regret it after discovering that the ultimate success in one area isn't satisfying in the long run.

Reasonable expectations are key, and frustrated expectations are our greatest source of anger (and its supressed offshoot, depression).

In Law Star