Thursday, January 04, 2007

Couch Bound

I was able to get in about 18 hours of saddle time from Tuesday of last week through Monday of this week. Some hours in the rain and some not so rainy. Definitely, a big training week for me that will hopefully serve as a good base for the fitness I hope to build in the coming months Training volume is very important, but recovery time after a big training block is even more important. Accordingly, the rest of this week has me allowing the legs to recover by sitting all day long at the real j-o-b while catching up on work (never straying to far from my Aeron chair) and spending some quality time at home on the couch. This weekend will entail a light ride on Saturday to keep the legs from being completely sedentary and a CP30 test on Sunday to see where the watts are these days. Off the feet...



With the time not spent training this week, I plan on starting my French lessons. It was a New Year's resolution a year or so ago to learn French. I even bought the classes on CD, but slacked on getting started and got wrapped up in the frenetic pace of everyday life. Masters Worlds are in the mountains of France for the next few years, so I figure what better time to learn. Not to mention, a dream of following the Tour in the Alps. Habitez pour le vélo.

Blue Star

No comments: