Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lots of Riding

Not much happening. I've been logging some quality saddle time. 16 hours last week, thanks to some decent weather. THayes and I got out on the MTB's on both Saturday and Sunday for some solid offroad mileage. This week is time for some recovery to allow the legs to adapt from the stimulus of the previous weeks training load. Upgrading to semi-pro will require some more watts. I hope the legs and lungs have gotten the message from my brain: More watts please...

Maxxis is on board again for next year. Phew! Now I can rest easy, because I can satisfy my tire fetish as needed. I love experimenting with tires. Different conditions require different tread designs and rubber compounds. I really enjoy finding the right tire for the course. A tire won't win a race, but the wrong tire can lose you a race. I can personally attest to that based on my experiences last year at Fontana and Park City. Superlight does not equate with durable. Striking the right balance is the key.

Up next: California training camp, then some early season races.

Blue Star

No comments: