Thursday, December 28, 2006

Vegas Baby, Vegas!

SLR and I Went to Lost Wages to visit my parents over Christmas weekend and I decided to take the Truth along to enjoy some desert (read, dry!) singletrack. I did some research on MTBR and learned that one of the prime Vegas trail networks, Cottonwood Valley, is only a short 10 miles from my parents house. Absolutely stunning desert terrain, a significant amount of climbing, and some technically challenging riding. The trails were so money.

This is on the ominously-named Dead Horse trail. It doesn't get much better.

An overlook on the Bonnie and Clyde loop. If you click on the image to expand it to full-size, you can see the Vegas that most people know in the background.

Lots of trail users to keep me company out there. There must have been something going on in town, like a special at Excalibur's Round Table buffet, that kept everyone inside. ;-)

No rain + Epic Desert Riding = A happy camper

Thanks to the p's for tolerating my disappearing for a few hours in the afternoons.

Now, the big question is whether I can get some decent riding weather back in the Emerald City. I've got a huge 18 hour training block scheduled. Maybe, just maybe, mother nature will be so kind to give me a few hours of sun over the long New Year's weekend.

Blue Star

No comments: