Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Fox Racing Shox

Awesome news on the sponsorship front, Fox Racing Shox has renewed for my '07 race campaign. I have been running Fox Shox for several years now (even before I was sponsored) and feel they are the most technologically advanced suspension products on the market.

The 32-F series forks are buttery, efficient, and, unlike the competitors, an accurate stearer. Again, I'll be running the F100x with the inertia valve, which automatically locks out the fork preventing rider induced bobbing during out of the saddle efforts. Hopefully, the white paint job grows on me.



I'm also going to upgrade the Truth to a Float RP23 rear shock with adjustable propedal. The Truth utilizes such an efficient suspension design that a propedal shock to eliminate bobbing actually makes the suspension feel harsh early in the stroke on sharp edge bumps. The Truth comes stock with a Float R shock that is tuned to a light propedal setting, but cannot be adjusted. Given my light weight, I feel the light propedal tune is still initially harsh on rocky and rooty terrain. The RP23 will allow me to customize the propedal settings depending on terrain and turn it off altogether when the going is rough.



I'll have a post up this evening on my training rides in Lost Wages.

Blue Star

No comments: