Thursday, November 30, 2006

Weather Blues

Not only has Seattle set the record for the wettest month on record (November or otherwise), the Emerald City was not so green for the past few days because it was under a blanket of white. Snow and ice = no motivation to train. The dreary rainy days, the cold weather outside, and my recent sickness have made my training days few and far between lately. I'm just having a hard time picking between suffering in bad weather or suffering on the stationary trainer. The better option of late has been neither and spending some quality time with SLR. Hopefully, I get some more motivation to train soon or I'm going to be a slow racer come Spring time.

One thing I do have to look forward to is that I'm definitely heading to CA for a training camp in February. I'll probably be pre-riding a stage or two of the Tour of California before the race rolls over the same course. We'll also be hitting some serious mountain passes to get some climbing mileage in too. Maybe a solid 20-hour week will compensate for my lax November. I have my fingers crossed for some beautiful, warm, sunny weather the week of the camp.

Blue Star

No comments: