Monday, November 20, 2006

Germ Warfare

I typically get a mild sick bug once a year. Generally, it happens mid-October. This year I thought I made it through my sick season with no problems. Well, I started counting my chickens too soon. Sunday, I awoke feeling a bit run down. I thought it was probably just the 3+ hour ride I put in on Saturday followed by a few too many glasses of wine at dinner. As the day wore on, the sore throat set in and I knew it was time to batten down the hatchs and get ready to do battle. Antioxidants, multi-v's, and lots of calories to fuel the fight. Today, the throat is still scracthy and I'm laying low on the couch hoping to hold the line at the throat and stave off further problems.

I'm bummed because this is usually a big volume training week for me. This season's base training is getting off to a real slow start with all the nasty weather, lots of hours at the j-o-b, and now this bug thrown in the mix. Let's hope I can kick it soon and start putting in some mileage.

Looks like the Stumptown Cup USGP race this weekend was a classic in true NW style. Check out some pics here.

Blue Star

No comments: