Monday, November 13, 2006

'07 Race Schedule

My racing schedule for 2007 is starting to come together. I plan on hitting most of the NORBA Series stops:
  • Phoenix, AZ -- March 31- April 1, 2007: I've won here in the past, so I'm hoping to pull off a big early season result. Podium or bust!
  • Fontana, CA -- May 5-6, 2007: The inland empire strikes back again. Hopefully, no flats this time around. Also, it's almost like an altitude event trying to extract 02 out of the smog filled air.
  • Park City, UT -- June 16-17, 2007: Flatted last year and suffered the year before because of the lung-imploding altitude. I expect more out of myself this go around because I picked up a secret weapon.
  • Sonoma, CA -- July 7-8, 2007: The course sucks, but I pulled 4th at Nationals here last year. So, I will make the trip to try to earn some valuable series points. Can't complain about the red anti-oxidants available in the area though.
  • Sugar Mountain, NC -- July 28-29, 2007: Skip it. Too much travel for a course that received less than stellar reviews last year.
  • NMBS Finals Snowmass Village -- August 11-12, 2007: Colorado Rocky Mt. High. The two major climbs on this course are just brutal (especially when wet), but the venue is awesome. Hopefully, we can score a condo on the course again.

In addition to the NORBA series, I'll toe the line at:

  • Sea Otter Classic, Monterey, CA -- April 12-15: The marketing line has changed to, "A Celebration of Sport." Marketing spin aside, this race is a lot of fun because of the festival atmosphere, huge race fields, and the amazing course through the hills of Monterey (when dry).
  • USAC National Championship, Mount Snow, VT -- July 19-22: My favorite race course of all-time hosts the quest for the stars and bars in '07 (and '08). It doesn't get any better than racing in the Green Mountains and then having a recovery meal that includes a lobsta' at Poncho's Wreck. Maybe some CT family will be there to cheer me on as well.

I'll hit a couple of local Indie Series or OBRA races as my training schedule permits. I have to manage my recovery a little better, which may have me missing more of the local races than I have in the past. My goal is to put up some good results at the major events this year and make the transition to the semi-pro ranks without finishing DFL at every race. Wish me luck.

Blue Star

No comments: