Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Random Odds and Ends...

Sorry for the delay between posts. Keeping up with the holiday gatherings (one each night last weekend), plus training, plus work, has led to a lack of updates to the blog.

Christmas tree is up with lots of bike ornaments. I'm thinking of putting some ribbon on some old cogs to add to the bike theme. Santa (Fed Ex) is supposed to drop off another present to put under the tree today. According to my Santa's Helper sources (at eBay), I'm getting a new super-light Shimano XTR Wheelset. Nothing makes for some good holiday cheer like a 1600 gram wheelset decked out with a Ti freehub body and axles.

Big training block coming up the next couple of weeks. Lots o' miles including some big climbing days. Also, I will be doing some force work on the trainer during the week to start converting that strength I developed at the gym into strength to apply force the pedals. These workouts consist of turning over a BIG gear at a really low cadence (less than 60 rpm) for intervals between 3 and 10 minutes.

On the sponsorship front, I'm supposed to hear in the next couple of weeks from the remaining sponsors I submitted requests to. Got word from Tifosi that the several new pairs of specs are in the mail today and will arrive next week or so. Ellsworth hasn't given word yet when I can get my mitts on the new bike(s). Hopefully soon.

Crashed again on the road bike and scraped up the other hip. Go figure, twice in 2 weeks. This time I hit a patch of ice on a twisty descent and before I could register why the road looked kind of funny, the front wheel was over my head and my hip was firmly planted on the tarmac. Just a little road rash to care for and now I really have to replace the STI shifters. Mom, don't worry too much, I usually don't fall this often really.

That's about all. Maybe some epic tales of 5 hour rides in wind and rain to follow next week.

Blue Star

No comments: