Monday, October 31, 2005


What's your motivation???

Yesterday, I was lazy coming off the feast that all future feasts will be compared to. Besides having a slight hangover from 6 wine courses each with a top-off, I was not feeling to motivated to chamois up and head out into the cold steady rain that has enveloped Seattle. I guess it is only October and it was my 30th b-day, so I can't feel too guilty.

Nevertheless, I do have to get motivated to start piling on the base mileage in the wet though. I saw this Graham Watson poster of Lance training for the '99 Tour just after recovering from cancer. It will serve as my motivation this winter, because training in Seattle during the months of November and December (and January and February for that matter) looks exactly like that. The line below the picture reads, "I rode, and I rode, and I rode. I rode like I had never ridden, punishing my body up and down every hill I could find....I rode when no one else would ride." That is the discipline that I will strive to emulate.

Lance and Sheryl Halloween photos will be posted soon.

Blue Star

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liked your Bloger name, very appropriate ... enjoyed reading your musings ... liked your pictures too, of you, the poster, and the bike.

I had that sore throat, rhinitis, and coughing, too. Hotstar has avoided it, so far.

Happy Hallowe'en !

H.