Saturday, October 29, 2005


Flying Pumpkin, 3-0, & Dinner

I am no longer a twenty something. As I enter my third decade of being me, I will celebrate by doing all the things I enjoy most. Ride and eat a good meal with SLR.

I started the day with a long ride on the 'cross bike. No real training agenda, just riding because I love to be on a bicycle. Riding with visions of racing up and down the street when I was kid, with the wind in my hair, and jumping curbs because its fun to get air. The "Flying Pumpkin" is a beautiful machine. Fast and light. The weather was perfect. I ended up putting about three hours in the saddle. People passing by must have wondered why the guy on an orange bike was smiling so wide.

After the ride, its on to the evening's festivities. SLR and I are indulging in a feast of epic proportions. 9 courses each with specific wine pairings (hopefully I burned enough calories on my ride to deserve such a meal). The Herb Farm (www.theherbfarm) is reputedly one of the best restaurants in the Seattle area, so what better occasion to give it a try. Being that it's Halloween weekend, the dinner is also a costume contest. I'm going as Mellow Johnny, i.e. Lance Armstrong, and SLR will be Sheryl Crow with guitar and huge faux rock on her finger. I will post pictures of the dynamic duo tomorrow.

It's time to head to dinner. It is going to be quite a night. How do I know? There is a huge rainbow out our back window.

Life is like fine wine, it keeps getting better with age.

Blue Star

No comments: