Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Qualified and Season Prep

This blog has been dormant for too long. Sorry for the delay, but not much to report on. I've been skipping the local Budu races on my schedule in favor of some longer training rides.

I am officially qualified for Mt. Snow in the Semipro ranks. See the USA Cycling list here. I'm already looking forward to the annual trip back east for some sweet 1track and good times in Vermont.

Other than that I just keep plugging away at the training at about a 13 to 15 hour a week clip. The weather finally broke recently and we had a few sunny days. The sun and a little warmth brings out a few extra watts from the legs. Not sure if its the extra motivation, the vitamin D, or the warmer muscles, but it is good to see some improvement regardless of the reason. Daylight is also starting to hang around past 5pm, so I should be able to kick up the training volume a little more as the season approaches.

I recieved a new Giant carbon hardtail frame for the smooth courses this year. It's a thing of beauty and matches the Anthem Advanced perfectly. I've got to rush to build it up in time to get a few rides on it before the first NMBS in Fontana. I'll post some pics this week.

That's about all. Maybe, now that the sun is out, I'll take the time to shoot some photos during some training rides. More content is good.

Out,

Blue Star

No comments: